Compassionate Counseling for the Whole Self – Athens, Ga.
Anne Ethier’s counseling services in Athens, Ga. have opened up a world of spiritual growth and personal development for her clients looking for more than just an academic understanding of relationships and their connection to self-awareness. Lasting transformation occurs when we seek a meaningful spiritual path for inner wisdom and strength. Emotional change, happiness and love occur when we learn how to center that knowledge into a mindfulness experience. Alongside a commitment to personal growth and taking a look in the mirror, counseling can be a place to explore deeper meaning and belonging.
People often seek my help:
- If you have experienced tragedy for which religious answers do not satisfy.
- If you feel a void or an emptiness, and are curious if there is more.
- If you feel that God has “left you,” or perhaps was never there to begin with.
- If your experience and views do not line up with the beliefs you grew up with or the beliefs of those around you.
- If you have been abused or betrayed by a person of authority in whom you once trusted.
- If you long for something deeper that your religious tradition does not seem to offer and you wonder if you need to look elsewhere.
Anne’s counseling methods offer a compassionate and safe space to express doubts and wrestle with intense feelings or conflict about what you believe. Adults and couples seeking spiritual growth will find that Anne Ethier offers a non-judgmental environment. A faith or spiritual crisis can be an opportunity to connect in a new way to yourself, to God and to others. Learning to navigate such a crisis with professional psychotherapy support has potential for great healing and for a breakthrough to a new clearer, more satisfying, and stronger level of faith.
In order to develop love—universal love, cosmic love, whatever you would like to call it—one must accept the whole situation of life as it is, both the light and the dark, the good and the bad. Chogyam Trungpa